It’s hard to believe, but the Holidays are fast approaching. Things kick off this week with Thanksgiving and will continue on through December. Thanksgiving is the time of year to be with friends, family, feel gratitude for all you have and help those who are less fortunate. Bozeman is the perfect place to do all the above.
To begin…a Bozeman tradition! This Thanksgiving marks the 6th annual Huffing for Stuffing!!!
This is a wonderful event with all proceeds benefitting the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. This year the run will surpass $100,000 in total fundraising proceeds! There is a 5K, 10K and Kid’s run. The race begins at the Museum of the Rockies the morning of Thanksgiving. You can register online through the end of today (6pm), at the Gran Tree Inn on Tuesday and Wednesday (11am-7pm) or on race day at the Museum between 7am and 8:30 am. The cost is $20 before the event and $25 on race day. Kids Run is free with a canned food donation. All are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items on the day of event! This is an amazing community event that directly helps those in need. It is also the perfect way to kick off your Thanksgiving day festivities…there will be prizes, raffles and of course the costumed turkeys that run the race! We have a couple from our Coldwell Banker team participating…Andrew Hurlburt and Kathleen Vaughn. Join the Fun!
If running isn’t your thing, there are other ways to help out our community this Thanksgiving. Old Chicago hosts a complimentary dinner for those who need a place for their family to go. It is from 12pm to 2pm. It is traditional Thanksgiving food and donations are accepted. Our very own Jason Basye and his family participate in this wonderful annual event. No reservations necessary.
The Salvation Army is doing a Thanksgiving Shut In. Volunteers will be cooking a full turkey dinner at the Salvation Army on Thanksgiving morning. Meals will then be delivered to those who sign up. If you are interested in volunteering or would like to sign up to receive a Thanksgiving meal please contact Niki Worlin at 406-586-5813.
After all that running and volunteering you may not have time to cook your own Thanksgiving feast. Lucky for you three of our favorite local restaurants will be open and serving a traditional turkey dinner.
- John Bozeman’s Bistro…Beginning at 2pm, complimentary dinner! Reservations required. Call for reservations 587-4500
- Ted’s Montana Grill…Call for reservations 587-6000
- Cafe at Clark’s Crossing (Livingston)…Call for reservations 222-4789
- The Community Café, through the Gallatin Valley Food Bank, will serve free meals from 5 to 7 p.m. at 302 North 7th Ave., Bozeman. Call 586-7600 for more information.
- The Christian City Church is sponsoring a Thanksgiving Dinner at 8852 N. Jackrabbit in Belgrade from 2-5 p.m.
- Free meals will be served in the Manhattan School Multipurpose Room from 12 to 2 p.m. sponsored by the Manhattan Public Schools and the Manhattan area community. Everyone is welcome. For more information call 284-2071.
However you choose to spend your Thanksgiving, remember to give thanks for all you have. If you plan on doing some Black Friday shopping…best of luck with the chaos! Happy Thanksgiving from your friends at Coldwell Banker RCI Realty!!